Get the last record alone from the select statement. - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From HK
Subject Get the last record alone from the select statement.
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi all,
  I have a doubt in limit clause. With limit and offset i can get the
first few records from the select statement. Suppose i want to get the
last record alone from the select, how can i achieve it.
I know this would have been answered many times, but i was not able to go
thru the archieves.
Plz help me.

--
regards,