Re: RFC: Removal of support for JDBC1 drivers. - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: RFC: Removal of support for JDBC1 drivers.
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Fernando Nasser wrote:
> Very well, my current proposal is the removal (immediate) of support for
> 1.1 and JDBC1.
>
> Next release 7.5 we drop support for Java 1.2.  One year from now it
> _must_ be dead (Solaris 7 probably will ;-).

I'm not sure what your desire to drop supportr for 1.2 is.  In another
thread you wanted to explicitly drop support for server versions.  I
understand the desire to get rid of 1.1 support as it is actively
hindering development, but there is no need to go out of our way to remove
support for older releases of java or postgresql.  If we can make it work
with a minimum of effort, let's do that.  Let's not drop support for older
versions for no reason.

Kris Jurka