Re: Hyperthreading or not? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: Hyperthreading or not?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Mendola Gaetano wrote:

> Hi all,
> we are going to move our production postgres box ( on Linux )
> in a new machine, I'm wondering if I shall leave the Hyperthreading
> feature on or disable it.

The newer kernels are hyper-threading aware.  No idea how much faster that
might make things for a postgresql server though.

> Anyone have experience on this?

Nope, but I will this fall.

> PS: Is really faster postgresql compiled with Intel compiler ?

Note that since most people use gcc, any problems caused by the Intel
compiler might take more time to get fixed.