Re: transactions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: transactions
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Gregory Wood wrote:

> > > ... who didn't know that MySQL _does_ support transactions :-)
> >
> > So innodb is default now?
>
> Not when I built 3.23.52 a month or two ago. It wasn't even included in
> installation. I'm tempted to add it, but I don't know if my eventual hosting
> environment will include it, so I'm hesitant to do so.

And don't forget, hot backups aren't free, they're either $400 a year or
$1000 perpetual license, as per:

http://www.innodb.com/hotbackup.html

so, you can pay $1,000 to hot backup a database that has transactions
bolted onto the side, or $0.00 for hot backups for a database that was
built as a transactional engine from day one.