Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Matthew Kirkwood
Subject Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

>    many PostgreSQL developers feel the GPL contains restrictions that
>    would limit the ability of commercial entities to contribute or
>    continue contributing to the codebase, and question the need for such

This could easily be interpreted as flamebait.  It doesn't
limit contribution at all.  What's wrong with:
The GPL contains restrictions which we do notwish to impose upon our users and developers.

Why just "commercial entities"?

Matthew.