pg_dump ordering problem (rc4) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pascal Scheffers
Subject pg_dump ordering problem (rc4)
Date
Re: pg_dump ordering problem (rc4)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Roberto Mello suggested I post my problem here. He suggested Tom Lane
might take a look...

I dumped an 7.0.3 database and restored that to rc2, which went fine after
a bit of reordering help (It was an OpenACS table set).

Now when I dump the same database with rc2 (or 4) I get a
different set of ordering problems.
Some five functions are used in views before their definitions. In the
original (7.0) dump they were in the correct order, but rc2/4 (the only
ones I tried) got it wrong. The original OIDs for the
functions in the 7.1 dump are lower than those of the views. I do not know
what is wrong. I can reproduce the results on another box. I have a copy
of the relevant dumps (both the initial 7.0.3 >> 7.1rc2 and the rc4 >> rc4
dump), anyone interested may have them for testing.

I compiled on a fairly clean RH6.2/AMD-K6/256M box with nothing more than
./configure; make; make install (so that it ended up in /usr/local/pgsql)
The box has the 7.0.3 RPMs installed, 7.1 runs on port 5433 and has a
separate postmaster account (postgr71).

Regards,
Pascal Scheffers.

co-hosting is for sissies. get your own machine out there. NOW!