Re: compile bug in HEAD? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: compile bug in HEAD?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway writes:

> However, it does appear that we can tweak flex for more performance
> (usually at the expense of a larger generated parser). In particular, it
> looks like we could use "-Cf" or "-CF". Is this a good idea?

Probably.  Run some performance tests if you like.  It looks like -CFea
might be a reasonable candidate.

> While we're on the subject of minor optimizations, is there a reason why
> we execute gcc with "-O2" rather than "-O3" during compilation?

Mainly because everyone does it this way.  Probably because it's a
reasonable compromise between execution speed, compilation speed,
debuggability, and compiler bugs.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net