Re: pg_hba.conf and secondary password file - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: pg_hba.conf and secondary password file
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:

> Is it worth keeping this password capability in 7.3?  It requires
> 'password' in pg_hba.conf, which is not secure, and I am not sure how
> many OS's still use crypt in /etc/passwd anyway.  Removing the feature
> would clear up pg_hba.conf options a little.

Personally, I don't care.  But I'm concerned that some people might use
this to support different passwords for different databases.  Not sure why
you'd want that.  Maybe send an advisory to -general to see.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net