Re: [HACKERS] Updated TODO item - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Updated TODO item
Date
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian writes:

> I have applied this minor patch.  I don't want to document the ability
> to use equals in this case because some day we may remove it.

Document what the code does, not what you think it may do in the future.
Users that are used to the current syntax may get surprised when they see
the equal signs gone.

> The equals doesn't fit with any of our other WITH clauses.

And the WITH keyword doesn't fit any other SQL command.  So when we make
up new commands in the future, please drop it.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net