Re: recursive SQL functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: recursive SQL functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> Don Baccus <dhogaza@pacifier.com> writes:
> > Is there any reason why recursive SQL functions are not allowed in PG 7.2?
>
> It's been discussed, cf
> http://fts.postgresql.org/db/mw/msg.html?mid=1038929
> but no one got around to it for 7.2.
>
> Aside from the forward-reference problem, which seems easy enough to
> solve, I think there may be some performance issues that'd have to be
> dealt with (memory leaks and so forth).

I've prepared a patch for recursive SQL functions.  I assume these memory
leaks "and so forth" that you speak of are just issues of quality, not
something that should prevent the use of recursive functions altogether.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net