Re: adding regression tests for PLs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: adding regression tests for PLs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Brent Verner writes:

> We /really/ need to add regression tests for the PLs if it is at
> all possible.

Yes.

> Does it make sense to sed the $with_tcl, $with_perl, and $with_python
> values into the pg_regress script after modifying it to to
> "createlang" the appropriate language when the corresponing with_lang
> option is "yes", then add the test name to $extra_tests.

That sounds reasonable.  In the next release we'll probably end up having
all configured languages installed by default, so you don't need to worry
about the createlang part too much.

If you want to start designing test cases, feel free.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net