Re: VPATH builds fail - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: VPATH builds fail
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> I have to take that back: the bison outputs are rebuilt in the source
> tree, as indeed they should be.  I'm now fairly confused about why
> the first build attempt failed and the second succeeded.  The failure
> occurred on a machine running gmake 3.78.1 ... maybe this is some
> bug in that version of make?  I can't reproduce any problem on a machine
> running gmake 3.79.1...

I can't reproduce this with either version of gmake, and the rules look
fairly bullet-proof.  Possibly you didn't distclean the source tree before
configuring in the build tree.  In that case it might have picked up the
wrong Makefile.global for part of the build.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net