Re: ecpg compile error on AIX - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: ecpg compile error on AIX
Date
Re: ecpg compile error on AIX  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:

> > It occurs to me that we ought to add -Wpointer-arith to our standard
> > gcc options, so that this sort of mistake will be caught sooner in
> > future.

I agree with that.  Actually, I could never imagine how one would use
sizeof(void*) in the first place.  I guess one can.

> I added this to my Makefile.custom.

I've had -Wpointer-arith and -Wcast-align in my Makefile.custom for a
year, but apparently just last week I didn't do any builds where I
actually paid attention. :-/

Btw., I've never seen any problems related to -Wcast-align?  Is the TODO
item obsolete or is it platform-related?

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net