Re: Patch to add Heimdal kerberos support - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Patch to add Heimdal kerberos support
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane writes:

> It also seems that our present code may be using some long-deprecated
> Kerberos APIs --- for example, the krb5_recvauth man pages I can find on
> the net describe several more parameters than our code is expecting to
> pass.

No idea about the deprecatedness, but our Kerberos code does compile with
the Kerberos V shipped in Red Hat 7.0 (MIT, I think), and the Kerberos IV
code compiled successfully with KTH Kerberos last time I checked.

However, most of the three people that ever mentioned anything detailed
about the Kerberos support in PostgreSQL had the sound of "fundementally
flawed", "totally insecure", etc.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net