Re: Backup Postgre Windows to Linux - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joel Burton
Subject Re: Backup Postgre Windows to Linux
Date
Re: Backup Postgre Windows to Linux  (Andrew Gould <andrewgould@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, [iso-8859-1] Fl�vio Brito wrote:

> Hi ALL
>
> I imported a database from Access 2000 to Postgre for Windows but now I can't
> backup my database to export to Postgre for Linux .
> I tried to use pg_dumpall > db.sql, its freeze on Windows2000 for more than a
> hour. My database has 6 MB.
>
> I can backup my database directory on Windows (using ZIP) and put it on Linux?

Might want to try pg_dump (rather than dumpall), perhaps even using the
-t option to pick just one table. This could let us find out if you can
dump *anything* or not.

--

Joel BURTON  |  joel@joelburton.com  |  joelburton.com  |  aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant