Re: pgsql/ oc/src/sgml/installation.sgml oc/src/sg ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: pgsql/ oc/src/sgml/installation.sgml oc/src/sg ...
Date
Re: pgsql/ oc/src/sgml/installation.sgml oc/src/sg ...  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-committers
Tom Lane writes:

> >     Allow optional () after current_user, session_user, user, current_time,
> >     current_timestamp, current_date for ODBC compatibility.
>
> Allow me to register an objection to this having been done with zero
> discussion, especially on the very eve of a beta release.

I apologize.

> It's not apparent to me that this is an improvement in our standards
> compatibility.

ODBC is generally thought of as being a standard.

We've had these in the odbc.sql file in semi-disabled form because they
needed parser support.