Re: [JDBC] Regarding vacuumdb - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [JDBC] Regarding vacuumdb
Date
List pgsql-general
Shanmugasundaram writes:

> I am getting the following error while doing vacuumdb,
>
> ERROR: mdopen: couldn't open test1: No such file or directory
> vacuumdb: database vacuum failed on db1.
>
> Here 'db1' is the database and 'test1' is a table. When, displaying the
> structure of the
> table 'test1', it comes correctly. But I can't drop the table. What
> could be wrong?

You probably rolled back a DROP TABLE operation, so the underlying table
file on disk is gone but the catalog structures have been preserved.
You could probably try

   touch $PGDATA/base/db1/test1

and then drop the table.

Consider upgrading to the latest stable release (7.1.3) when you get a
chance to eliminate this class of problems.