Locale by default? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Locale by default?
Date
Re: Locale by default?
List pgsql-hackers
It occurred to me that a server with locale features that is started in
the C locale is going to behave the same as a server without locale
features.  The exception are a few extra memory moving operations.  (I
sincerely hope that all systems' libcs have optimized paths for the C
locale.)  So we could get rid of this --enable-locale switch altogether.
Given our international user base, this would be an appropriate step and
move the locale support out of the "cumbersome secondary feature"
compartment.  What do you think?