Re: Metadata for tables, schema, and numeric - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Metadata for tables, schema, and numeric
Date
Re: Metadata for tables, schema, and numeric
List pgsql-jdbc
Mike Finn writes:

> there is still no return value from
>
>      getCatalogName(int)
>      getSchemaName(int)
>      getTableName(int)
>
> Is this something that can be done or is the data just not available from
> postgresql?  (ie can I expect to see it in a future release?)

These functions are fundamentally flawed, because it's impossible to
determine the table name that a result column came from, except in the
most simple cases in which case you don't need these functions.