Re: encode in base code - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: encode in base code
Date
Re: encode in base code
List pgsql-patches
Marko Kreen writes:

> Put encode() into base system.  Used part of Alex' patch
> for docs, hope he does not mind ;)

Please use #include "", not #include <>, for PostgreSQL's header files.

Would you mind changing the copyright to match the rest of the source?

Put everything in encode.c (not varlena.c), and put encode.c in utils/adt.

I think we've covered before that 'uint' is not a standard data type.
VARSIZE is of type int32 (signed).

To convert from text to C string, use textout().

Also, I think the term "encode" is already overloaded for multibyte use.
Maybe it needs to be qualified, such as "binary_encode".