Re: perl vs php for postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Einar Karttunen
Subject Re: perl vs php for postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 22 May 2001, John wrote:

> It seems that I having problems locating the DBM:Pg module. I even followed
> the instructions on compiling postgresql to support it.  My perl scripts
> don't seem to know about a Pg module and I have not had any luck finding
> answers. Is is easier to use php with postgresql? Will I have the same kinds
> of problems?  Thanks for any advice.

Both perl and php are good alternatives. You should probably use the one
you are more familiar with. I think php is easier to learn, but once you
learned perl, it is IMHO more powerfull. If the application is very simple
php might be better, but if it is very complex I think perl is better.

- Einar Karttunen