Re: PL/Perl in 7.1.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: PL/Perl in 7.1.1
Date
List pgsql-general
Jeff Patterson writes:

> I recently upgraded from 7.0.3 to 7.1. Everything went fine until I went to
> install plperl using createlang. It throws the following error message:
>
> ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plperl.so failed: /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i686-linux/auto/Opcode/Opcode.so:
undefinedsymbol: Perl_save_vptr

Here's a wildish guess:  Get out your PostgreSQL sources, go to the
directory src/backend/port/dynloader, file linux.h and change

    dlopen(f, 2)

    dlopen(f, RTLD_LAZY | RTLD_GLOBAL)

and rebuild the backend.   (If you don't have Linux you can still make a
similar change in the respective *.h file.)