Re: Configurable path to look up dynamic libraries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Configurable path to look up dynamic libraries
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen writes:

> It's not far from this to making pg_ctl have the ability to start all the
> postmasters in a given config file with one command.

I think there is merit in the idea to let pg_ctl start more than one
postmaster.  But it probably ought to be in a separate config file, since
pg_ctl is a separate program.  Maybe simply have a file with one PGDATA
value per line, and pg_ctl runs in a loop and starts a postmaster for each
directory.  But what if you want to run several postmasters under several
user names (probably a good idea, otherwise, why are you running separate
postmasters)?  Needs more thought.