Re: A more useful way to split the distribution - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: A more useful way to split the distribution
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker writes:

> ... and get rid of the *large* file, which will
> save all the mirrors a good deal of space over time ...

You will certainly get a furious crowd at your door within hours if you do
that, as the follow-ups show.  Saving download bandwidth is a valid issue,
but saving disk space on the order of perhaps 50 MB for sites that act as
download archives is not worth the drawbacks.

Btw., do we have any download statistics, especially as to how many people
elected to download the "chunks"?