Re: configure.in patch for readline and curses. - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: configure.in patch for readline and curses.
Date
List pgsql-patches
Jason Schroeder writes:

> The following configure.in patch changes the following:
> 1) It adds --without-readline to control whether the readling package is
> used
>    Obviously, this could be extended to the general
> --with[out]-readline[=DIR] pattern, but this is as far as I got.

Why would one not use readline?

> 2) It permits the termcap library to be used IFF ncurses and curses are not
> available.

I don't think older versions of readline can be linked against curses.  If
at all, termcap should be tried before curses, but that might not be
portable either.  You'd need to try a complete link of a readline-using
program, I think.