Re: Running several postmaster using same database in parallel - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Re: Running several postmaster using same database in parallel
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Steffen Schmidt wrote:

> I'am running several postmaster on different machines, accessing the
> same database in parallel. Is this a good idea? Do the postmaster lock
> each other or do they work independent?

Are they all accessing the same database on the same machine?  What is the
performance like, as opposed to having a postmaster running on the same
machine as the database and connecting straight via the tcpip?  The
postmaster on the database server still has to be used, doesn't it?

Brett W. McCoy
                                     http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
"I'd love to go out with you, but there are important world issues that
need worrying about."