Re: Strange problem upgrading to 7.0.3x - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Strange problem upgrading to 7.0.3x
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Lamar Owen wrote:

> Once you have verified with rpm -qa|grep postgres that there are no more
> postgresql RPM's on your system, then you will need to clean out the old
> 6.5.3 data directory (rm -rf /var/lib/pgsql).
>
> Now you should be able to install the new RPMset.

  Thanks, Lamar. I upgraded the server package, and that appeared to work
just fine. Then I installed the others. Is 'initdb' the proper way to
restart everything, and creat a new /var/lib/pgsql? It's been a while since
I worked with postgres, but I need to really dig into app development now.

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)