Re: Strange problem upgrading to 7.0.3x - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Strange problem upgrading to 7.0.3x
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> I know approximately zilch about RPMs, but I do see that the rpm command
> has a "rebuild database" option, which apparently refreshes its list of
> what's installed.  Perhaps you need to run that (especially if you've
> been removing files manually rather than via rpm -e).

  Thanks, Tom. I had run 'rpm -e ...' after the upgrade option (rpm -U
<package>) failed to upgrade the existing installation.

  I wonder, ... could the packages be built for a newer RH release than the
6.1 I have here? I think that the rpm package was updated and that could
cause problems.

  Regardless, I'm rebuilding the package database now and I'll see if that
makes a difference.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)