Re: Nested transaction - I am a bank ?? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nigel J. Andrews
Subject Re: Nested transaction - I am a bank ??
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Thapliyal, Deepak wrote:

> Thx Nigel..
>
> Also can you kindly advice how to turn autocommit to off

Probably:

SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF;

although I'm not sure that is still there in 7.4 and there was a lot of
discussion on it's 'brokeness' I believe. I'm sure someone else will correct me
if I'm wrong. I don't actually know as I've never used that feature, I have
always used explicit transaction starts if I have wanted multistatement
transactions, and I can't remember the details of the discussion now. A search
of the list archives should yield a collection of posts on this subject.

--
Nigel Andrews