Re: Problem running postgre as a windows NT service - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nigel J. Andrews
Subject Re: Problem running postgre as a windows NT service
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Savita wrote:

> Yes I understand that the psql is the command is to verify that the server is
> started properly.
>
> Once you install postgre as a NT service.WE will get two things in the control
> panel.
>
> I am able to start the service now using control panel.
>
> But what I wanted is that  insdeed of using  psql command in command prompt is
> there any other way to connect to postgre.because basically the pupose of making
> postgre as a service is to avoid the use of command prompt.

Ah. Well you need an application.

If you're trying to avoid typing then you're obviously not wanting to type
adhoc queries so you need a user interface, aka. application, that does what
you want it to. That is a custom application specific to your requirements.

In the meantime pgAdminII is probably the closest to what you want. Perhaps
even phpAdmin. I don't know where to get either of these from unfortunately.

--
Nigel J. Andrews