Re: Can't run configure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nigel J. Andrews
Subject Re: Can't run configure
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Williams, Travis L, NPONS wrote:

> All,
>     A little more data.. this does not happen on 7.1.3.  It completes succesfully.. but on 7.2 it gets the same error
asbelow.

> Travis

Well, I've not had any trouble configuring and building from source and aside
from a legacy binary install used briefly I have only used postgresql built
from source.

Perhaps you could provide slightly more information, such as the OS and what
has been installed on it regarding support for development, like header files,
and then may be someone stands a chance of helping.

In general I would say that if you need help it is better to give slightly more
information than you think is needed. Excessive amounts is perhaps bad but
slightly too much may well provide information that you will be asked for
before any progress can be made.

For instance, I don't know much about the configure process but without
looking, and I'm not going to until there's sufficient information to make me
think I stand a chance of determining the fault, I'm going to ask you to do:

find /usr -name \*\.h | xargs grep accept

--
Nigel J. Andrews
Director

---