Re: FATAL 1: Relation 'pg_shadow' does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gavin Sherry
Subject Re: FATAL 1: Relation 'pg_shadow' does not exist
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> > Does anyone have any ideas about this? Anything to prevent my needing to
> > go to tape and spend a long night in a cold cold server room?
>
> Can you connect to the db using standalone postgres ?
> i.e.
>
>   postgres -P -O your_database_name

When I first brought it down, I attempted this, but forgot -O. I've just
done this, however, it connected fine. Moreover, a select * from
pg_shadow; returned results! I vacuumed and brought the database back
online -- everything fine.

Extremely strange =\.

Gavin