Re: FATAL 1: Relation 'pg_shadow' does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: FATAL 1: Relation 'pg_shadow' does not exist
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Gavin Sherry <swm@linuxworld.com.au> writes:
> When I first brought it down, I attempted this, but forgot -O. I've just
> done this, however, it connected fine. Moreover, a select * from
> pg_shadow; returned results! I vacuumed and brought the database back
> online -- everything fine.

> Extremely strange =\.

Did I read you correctly to say that you're still on 7.1?

This episode should convince you to update to 7.1.3, pronto.
We don't make dot-releases for amusement value.

(No, I can't cite any particular bug that might've led to this.)