Re: More Red Hat information - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Wheeler
Subject Re: More Red Hat information
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 martin.chantler@convergys.com wrote:

> Hmm, M$ SQL may be a few hundered $ for a couple of user licenses
> but last time I looked it was at least £7000 (about $10,000?) for a 100
> user license. Thats not the enterprise edition either.
>
> In my experience DB pricing structures seem to be a mystery whichever
> platform you look at :)

Excellent point. I'd forgotten about the user license. Yet another
reminder why I'm glad I don't use SQL Server or Oracle anymore.

David

--
David Wheeler                                         AIM: dwTheory
David@Wheeler.net                                     ICQ: 15726394