Pg - Perl 5 prob - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ludwig Meyerhoff
Subject Pg - Perl 5 prob
Date
List pgsql-general
Hallo!

I made an debian update of postgresql, from 6.5.?? to 7.0.1. (?) ...
That worked fine. I then created my database and access user again,
started psql and created the database from the dump I have made some time
ago.

In fact, the database is created, all the table are there, empty, as I
have saved them.
Logged in as user ludwig I can insert data with no problem.

But as my small Perl-program tries to connect to the database, that does
not work. postgres.log: "Peer authentication failed for user 'ludwig'"

What to do?

Ludwig