sorting (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joel Burton
Subject sorting (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-general
This was sent directly to me. Can anyone offer any help to Marcin?

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 11:08:39 +0200
From: Marcin Wasilewski <marcingrupy@poczta.onet.pl>
To: Joel Burton <jburton@scw.org>
Subject: sorting

Hello,

I have problem with Postgresql 7.0.3 installed on Solaris 8 with CDE 1.4.
I live in Poland so I would like to use my locales.
They're set correctly to pl_PL.ISO8859-2, I can type Polish characters like ��� etc.
When I want to sort something by cat file | sort - it's done ok.

The problem starts here.
I have compiled the POSTGRES with --enable-locale --with-odbc, it was compiled and installed ok.
I create a new db and type psql - but after that I cannot type any of the Polish characters.
For example when I press ALT+L it schould be �, but it's 3.

I tried to create separate file under vi with query that is including insert into table xxx values with Polish
characters.The query executes correctly and insert values into table.
Then I can see Polish characters by selecting * from table, but when I want to select * from table order by column -it
doesn'tsort correctly as it schould be.

Can you help me, because it's very urgent to me.

Best regards
Marcin Wasilewski