Re: Re: Database Recovery Help... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Re: Database Recovery Help...
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi John,

What OS are you running it on?

For example, I've been told that Debian Linux puts its socket files in
/var/run/postgresql instead of /tmp/.

The idea here, is to find that socket file and remove it.  For most
OS's, it's in /tmp/ but for yours it might not be, especially if you've
installed from a package (rpm, deb, etc).

It's something to look into.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

"John Clark L. Naldoza" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Chris Smith wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Did you try what it suggests?
> >
> > If you're sure PostgreSQL isn't already running, remove the
> > "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432" file, and try again.
>
> That file didn't exist...;-)
>
> --
>      /) John Clark Naldoza y Lopez                           (\
>     / )    Software Design Engineer II                       ( \
>   _( (_    _  Web-Application Development                    _) )_
>  (((\ \>  /_>    Cable Modem Network Management System <_\  </ /)))
>  (\\\\ \_/ /         NEC Telecom Software Phils., Inc.  \ \_/ ////)
>    \    _/  phone: (+63 32) 233-9142 loc. 3112            \_    /
>    /   /  cellphone: (+63 919) 399-4742                     \   \
>   /   / email: njclark@ntsp.nec.co.jp                        \   \

     - Indira Gandhi