Re: help! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joel Burton
Subject Re: help!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2 May 2001, Jeff Vainio wrote:

> Hello!  I am a Technical Recruiter with MIS Consultants in Toronto Canada and I desperately need to find 2 POSTGRES
DBA'sfor our Toronto client on a 3-4 month renewable contract, open $$$ based on experience.

> How do I go about finding these guys?

Jeff --

The *-hackers list is not the appropriate forum for this. This is for
discussion of developing PostgreSQl, and for kvetching about users, and
things like that. :-)

. There's a web page at techdocs.postgresql.org about people looking for
PG consultants.

. Call Great Bridge (greatbridge.com) or PostgreSQL Inc. (pgsql.com); they
both are commercial companies providing PG support. They might be able to
shake loose someone. PG Inc. is in Canada, so they might be a great bet.

. A short message to pgsql-general would get everyone's attention. I'm not
sure how people feel about these kind of notices, though -- so, keep it
short, and obviously titled. "help!", for instance, should become "Seeking
PostgreSQL DBAs in Toronto, Canada"

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>