Re: Better Features document? - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Joel Burton
Subject Re: Better Features document?
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Sounds great.
>
> I have collected some comments from people about PostgreSQL vs. other
> databases at:
>
>     ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/comparison.mbox
>
> This may help.  You can also link to the docs and my book at:
>
>     http://www.postgresql.org/docs/awbook.html
>
> to give people more detailed information about the features.  I think
> such a page would be a great idea.  I can help too.

Thanks for the links. Your book, of course, is probably the first thing
that new users should be reading; I added a link in the document.

One area that you could help is the Who's Using PostgreSQL section.
If this features document has a datasheet/sales tool feeling, I think it
should provide some information about the scalability and real-world use
of PG.

I posted a draft start of the time to pgsql-docs.

Thanks!

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>