Re: PostgreSQL for NT - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: PostgreSQL for NT
Date
List pgsql-ports
W. van den Akker writes:

> FindExec: could not find a postgres to execute...
> FATAL 1:  postgres: could not locate executable, bailing out...
> FATAL 1:  postgres: could not locate executable, bailing out...
>
> If I run postgres.exe from the bash shell then I have no problems.

The reason for this is that the program does a shell-like path walk to
find itself.  If you are not running a Unix-like shell then you don't have
a PATH variable in the environment (or at least you have one with
semicolons as separators).  Using absolute file names might work.