Re: got Postgresql working on FreeBSD-alpha - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: got Postgresql working on FreeBSD-alpha
Date
List pgsql-patches
Alfred Perlstein writes:

> http://people.freebsd.org/~alfred/pgsql/port-alpha.diff
>
> Make pgsql compile on FreeBSD-alpha.
>
> Remove -m486 compile args for FreeBSD-i386.
>
> Make the port use the TEST_AND_SET for alpha and i386 on FreeBSD.
>
> Fix a lot of bogus string formats for outputting pointers (cast to int
> and %u/%x replaced with no cast and %p), and 'Size'(size_t) are now
> cast to 'unsigned long' and output with %lu/
>
> Remove an unused variable.

That variable *is* used, if you compile with -DXLOG, which will be the
default eventually.

Also:

!case $host_cpu in
!   alpha*)   CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -O";;
!   i386*)    CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -O2";;
! esac

s/i386/i.86/, or better s/i386//.

Trouble with -O2?  Being conservative?

About the regression tests:  Apparently you're picking up the wrong
"expected" files.  I can't make out why offhand, though.  Modulo that, the
inet failure looks to be the only real trouble.