Re: Synchronizing Data? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Tille
Subject Re: Synchronizing Data?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 7 Nov 2000 joe@jwebmedia.com wrote:

> My only concern with this is the time the web database would be down. I assume
> if I wanted to load the pg_dumpall file, I'd have to delete everything from the
> database (at least the affected tables) first. Correct? I'd hate for someone to
> hit the web just after I had deleted everything and find a broken site, even if
> for just a second. However, if there's no way around it...
That's why I went the way with the Debian package which avoids manual
work and is as fast as possible (including restarting apache if necessary)
and avoids errors in manual administration.  If you can't cope with
some seconds downtime this is no solution for you.  For my application
is is enough.

Kind regards

        Andreas.