Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/contrib/pg_dumpaccounts (Makefile README pg_dumpaccounts.sh) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/contrib/pg_dumpaccounts (Makefile README pg_dumpaccounts.sh)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ned Lilly writes:

> That's what this pg_dumpaccounts is designed to do.  As you've seen,
> it's very simple - it does the same COPY stuff that pg_dumpall does
> before calling pg_dump, just without the pg_dump.

I only wonder since when the solution to a problem of the nature "I need a
program like X, that does A but not B" is to make a textual copy of X,
remove all the parts that do B, and sell it as a different program.

I added an option for pg_dumpall now to only dump the users and
groups.  This whole thing will probably break horribly in semantics once
we implement SQL roles, though.