Re: config - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: config
Date
List pgsql-general
Michael Engelhart writes:

> ./configure --with-template=freebsd

FWIW, you should probably start with "netbsd" rather than "freebsd"
because the FreeBSD code might be rather surprised at finding itself
running on a PPC.  (But then again, the *bsd codes are mostly the same
anyway.)

> Did a make and started to build.  During the build, there were a ton of messages of this type:
> ../../../../src/include/catalog/pg_type.h:414: stray '\' in program

Oh man, they didn't take that old NeXTstep C preprocessor for MacOS X?  ;-)

> cc -c  -I../../../src/include  -O0 -pipe -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -o dynloader.o dynloader.c
> dynloader.c:42: header file 'link.h' not found
> dynloader.c:43: header file 'dlfcn.h' not found
> ../../../src/include/dynloader.h:19: header file 'link.h' not found
> make[3]: *** [dynloader.o] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [port-recursive] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2

The MacOS X dynloader seems to be somewhat different than FreeBSD's.  Try
NetBSD's, or if all fails you can copy over the QNX dynloader files.
That platform doesn't support dynamic loading at all (actually, I think it
does now, but we haven't gotten around to supporting it) so the stub files
should get you to compile at least.