Re: [SQL] INSERT w/o variable names for a SERIAL type? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [SQL] INSERT w/o variable names for a SERIAL type?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Ross J. Reedstrom writes:

> Perhaps we should note which items on the TODO list are needed for what
> level of SQL92 compliance. This one, for example, is not necessary for
> ENTRY level, but required at INTERMEDIATE. Not that that should stop
> anyone from implementing it:  SQL92 Entry is a surprisingly limited
> subset, and we have a lot of INTERMEDIATE and FULL features, already.

On Feb 19 I sent out a list of things that are missing for SQL Entry Level
compliance. (See message on pgsql-hackers on that date.) The only major
items left are schemas and the correct transaction semantics. When I get
some time I'm planning on making this into a real document available
somewhere and I could add Intermediate as well.