Re: [GENERAL] Date & Time - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Date & Time
Date
List pgsql-general
On 1999-12-01, Bruce Momjian mentioned:

> I am changing my book to use CURRENT_TIMESTAMP rather than now().

I recall Thomas muttering some very promising things about the date/time
revolution, including conformance to SQL and ISO formats. Perhaps this
could go along with it. At least move the standard identifiers to more
prominent locations in the docs (than the non-standard ones). Currently,
those are very confusing because there are about three different ways to
go and it pretty much says "use whatever".