Re: [HACKERS] Readline use in trouble? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Broytmann
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Readline use in trouble?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Jan Wieck wrote:
>     I  think  readline  isn't  our biggest problem. What about if
>     they notice that our parser can only be compiled  when  using
>     bison,  and  that  we  ship the generated output for the case
>     someone doesn't has bison installed?
  Until they make a significant change in their license we don't need to
worry. GPL specifically states that the RESULTS of GNU-protected programs
are not covered at all. These results can be used in any way you want,
including commercial ways. Only program's code matter.

Oleg.
----    Oleg Broytmann     http://members.xoom.com/phd2/     phd2@earthling.net          Programmers don't die, they
justGOSUB without RETURN.