Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.3 built, but not released ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ryan Kirkpatrick
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.3 built, but not released ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 6 Nov 1999, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > > For my two cents, the Linux/Alpha patches for 6.5.2 apply cleanly
> > > to the 6.5.3 tarball. I am compiling and running regression tests
> > > now, but I don't expect any problems.
>
> Ryan, y'all have some final results? What version of linux are you
> running? I'll update the ports listing when I get the new info...
Yea, the compile was clean after applying the 6.5.2 Linux/Alpha
patches, and regression test results were the same as they have been for
some time. Geometry failed due to off by one in nth decimal place and
rules failed due to sort order issues. As for my system specs, I am running stock Debian 2.1r2, on an
XLT366. Kernel version is 2.0.36, but I see no reason it should not work
on 2.2.x kernels. I can't test 2.2.x kernels at the moment due to some
independent hardware issues between 2.2.x and an IBM SCSI disk. Basically, you can update the ports listing to state
thatwith

the alpha patches on my web site (or in the pgsql-patches mailing list
archive), pgsql runs great with no problems on Linux/Alpha save for a few
(harmless) unaligned access now and then. I just looked at the ports list,
and it does need to be updated as it states the last version tested
against Linux/Alpha was 6.3.2. :) Also, please update my email address to 'pgsql@rkirkpat.net'. That
is where all pgsql related emails should be sent to reach me. The
remaining life span on the nag email address is undetermined at this time,
but probably less than seven months. Thanks.

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |
|   Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  |  http://www.rkirkpat.net/   |