Re: [GENERAL] powered by postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Heflin
Subject Re: [GENERAL] powered by postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Tim Joyce wrote:

> I have 90% sold yet-another-bookstore-site which will contain 1.2 million books.  The customer just wants to see one
ortwo sites
> running Postgresql.
>
> Please can anyone who has developed (or knows about) a good looking Postgresql driven site please let me know (just
theURL will
> do).

Not sure if this is what you are looking for. These sites are built using
PHP and Postgresql databases. Most of the pages are built on the fly
accessing the info from postgresql to allow easy updating by someone other
than an webdesigner.

The missuniverse site last week was serving up to 10gig/day over a million
hits a day. without problems.

http://www.missuniverse.com/home/
http://www.ktbs.com/

Kevin

Kevin Heflin          | ShreveNet, Inc.      | Ph:318.222.2638 x103
VP/Mac Tech           | 333 Texas St #175    | FAX:318.221.6612
kheflin@shreve.net    | Shreveport, LA 71101 | http://www.shreve.net