RPM-7.0.3 install errors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject RPM-7.0.3 install errors
Date
List pgsql-general
A short recap from a previous post of mine concerning the rpm distro:

> I have installed 10 PostgreSQL rpm's:

>     postgresql-7.0.3-2.i386.rpm > postgresql-tk-7.0.3-2.i386.rpm

>           (including postgresql-test-7.0.3-2.i386.rpm)

> obtained from PostgreSQL.org web site.  All of the rpm's installed
> without a hitch on my RH6.1 system.

> While there were no problems with the rpm install, as least as far as
> rpm was concerned, I remain unsure if everything is installed properly.
> I decided to run the regression tests.  Only, I'm running into problems.

As a result of answers to my last post, I have checked the README file on
the rpm distro:

     '/usr/doc/postgresql-7.0.3/README.rpm-dist'

Following instructions in the "REGRESSION TESTING" section:

  su to root and execute:
    '/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start',

    [root@localhost /root]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start
    Checking postgresql installation:                          [  OK  ]
    Starting postgresql service:                               [  OK  ]

  cd to /usr/lib/pgsql/test/regress,
  su to postgres, and execute the command line:
    time ./regress.sh linux | tee regress.out

I get tons of errors:

[root@localhost regress]# grep fail regress.out
int8 .. failed
numeric .. failed
create_type .. failed
triggers .. failed
create_operator .. failed
create_index .. failed
create_view .. failed
select .. failed
select_distinct .. failed
select_distinct_on .. failed
select_implicit .. failed
select_having .. failed
aggregates .. failed
transactions .. failed
random .. failed
portals .. failed
btree_index .. failed
hash_index .. failed
select_views .. failed
alter_table .. failed
portals_p2 .. failed
rules .. failed
limit .. failed

In addition to the above, the following were written to the terminal
during the test, but not to the file (shouldn't they be?):

create_function_1 .. ./regress.sh: sql/create_function_1.sql: No such file
or directory
diff: results/create_function_1.out: No such file or directory
ok
create_type .. failed
create_table .. ok
create_function_2 .. ./regress.sh: sql/create_function_2.sql: No such file
or directory
diff: results/create_function_2.out: No such file or directory
ok
copy .. ./regress.sh: sql/copy.sql: No such file or directory
diff: results/copy.out: No such file or directory
ok
constraints .. ./regress.sh: sql/constraints.sql: No such file or
directory
diff: results/constraints.out: No such file or directory
ok

misc .. ./regress.sh: sql/misc.sql: No such file or directory
diff: results/misc.out: No such file or directory
ok

The last 2 lines of 'regress.out' were:

  2.08user 2.55system 2:49.91elapsed 2%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata
0maxresident)k

I see that the docs say there can be some failures, and to check the doc's
for further
explanation.  In all the docs that I checked, I had 1-3 *possible"
similiar errors, but
obviously I have way beyond the few that might be acceptable.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time.

                            - Martin J. Brown, Jr. -
                            - mjbjr@beaudesign.com -